Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sure Do Love the Cement Pond




I moved into Condo.

Have no landline, newspaper, cable, TV or internet service.
Don't feel that I need it.

At least during week don't need it. We'll see how it goes.

Have light supper; shower, take elevator to indoor heated swim pool - swim
(usually have it to myself); come back, change; have a glass of wine and chill
out listening to Prog. Work on novel. Meditate. Go to bed.

I don't want to give up any of above activities - so don't need the other distractions during the week. I'll see how well I do on weekends.



I am pretty much at the needed word count on novel and while I feel I am only 2/3 done I am going to work towards just wrapping it up.

Rather than give the whole saga of how Abdul al Ha'areech (Harris) grew up in Arabia and migrated to America I am just going to hit high points and allude to the rest. There was another character I started developing, an anti-Shoshanna, in a way. A Kentucky Hillbilly woman who tangles with Shoshanna and challenges her particularly on the role of religion. She has full scholarship to Chi-Prep. She like Shoshanna has a lot of inner pain (her father died in a construction accident and she grew up dirt poor but turned to books and religion early in life). Instead I am saving her for a whole other book altogether and she will have nothing to do with Shoshanna.



Interesting that the three characters I have developed the most: Shoshanna Goldstein Harris, Sophie Harris, and Ria Howard are all hyper-intellegent women and have grown up without one parent and they all handle it totally differently. A shrink would have a field day.



Writing is like going to the cement pond - fun, but I am probably not skillful at either one!

No comments:

Post a Comment